- I believe that the Holy Bible is the written expression of God’s plan and purpose. It is completely inspired and infallible. Any errors are a result of errors in translation.
2 Timothy 3:16
- I believe in one God, the God of Israel; that there is no other God, either good or evil; that He dwells in heaven, created everything, and is everywhere present by His Spirit.
Deuteronomy 6:4; Mark 12:29-30; Isaiah 44:6; Genesis 1:3; Job 38:4-7; Psalm 139:7-10; Isaiah 57:15
- I believe that all men are personally responsible for their own actions, and that sin is the direct result of man’s free-will choice to disobey God’s laws.
Eze 18:20; Mark 7:15,20-23; James 1:13-15; Genesis 3:9-19; Heb 2:14.
- I believe that man is mortal and has no continuance of life after death, until and unless he is raised from the dead. I believe that God’s love for mankind is proved by His promise to save us from our inherently sinful and dying condition.
Genesis 2:7; Psalm 104:29; Psalm 146:4; Eccl 3:18-21; Eccl 9:5-6; 1 Cor 15:20-24,48-53; Romans 3:23-24; 1 Timothy 1:15; 1 John 2:25
- I believe that God’s promises to Abraham apply to me too:
– That Jesus Christ is the promised descendant of Abraham by and through whom all would be blessed.
– That I will, by God’s grace, inherit the land of Israel promised to Abraham and live forever on an earth restored to its original paradise condition prior to the introduction of sin into the world.
- I believe that to be part of these promises, I must understand God’s message of hope, repent of my former life of disobedience to God, ask for forgiveness of my sins and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I believe that God has not forgotten His chosen people Israel, and that if they live by faith and accept Christ as their Lord, they too can share in these promises.
- I believe that God’s Son, Jesus Christ, was conceived by God’s power, the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary; that He lived a sinless life in obedience to God, His Father, in every respect; that He died on the cross for my sins; that God raised Him from the dead; that He was glorified and made immortal and ascended to heaven to sit at God’s right hand until a future appointed time when He will return to earth.
- I believe that I can do nothing to save myself, that God requires only my faith in Him; that God loves me and that the reality of Jesus’ resurrection and life means I can ask for, and receive forgiveness of my sins from God.
- I believe that the Bible hope for eternal life is through the resurrection of the dead, and that Christ was the first example of this hope being fulfilled. I believe that eternal life is a future, conditional blessing, not a present possession, and when I am (by God’s grace) made immortal I shall also be incapable of sinning.
- I believe in the one, indivisible, collective body of Christian believers, who have lived and died through the centuries since Christ, many of whom are presently living; that the Bible refers to this body as the Church (or ecclesia) and that no single denomination exclusively represents this group. I believe we are required to live by faith and obedience, not trusting in our own deeds, and that a life of continued active participation in the church is required of all believers.
- I believe that Jesus Christ will physically and visibly return to earth to raise the dead in Christ, and, along with those who are alive at His appearing, bring them to the judgment seat to receive either condemnation or the gift of eternal life.
- I believe that, at that time, Jesus Christ will establish the Kingdom of God on earth for ever; that this Kingdom will be a place of unimaginable beauty and happiness; and that eventually all sin will be destroyed and God will be all things to everyone.